Lubing your chain is easy to do… and easy to mess up.
Here’s our guide to getting those sharper shifts nailed.
Keeping your mountain bike or road bike chain well lubed is dead important.
It’ll make your gears shift crisply, it’ll make your chain and gears last longer and it’ll save you money on fixing your bike and buying new bits.
There’s no set rule on how often you should lube your bike chain. Take a look at your chain and listen to it.
Does it look dry or sound squeaky? If so, yep, it needs a lube.
Does it look dirty? If so, it’ll need a proper clean and a re-lube.
To lube your chain you need a few bits of gear from Juice Lubes:
You’ll need the right chain lube for you:
- Chain Juice Wet – for wet weather and winter riding
- Chain Juice Dry – for hot, dry, dusty conditions
- Viking Juice – Our long last, high performance lube
You can view our full range of chain lubes here.
You’ll need some bits to give your chain a clean:
- Dirt Juice Boss chain cleaner – to clean grime and grot
- Dirty Little Scrubber chain bath – to make cleaning easy and mess-free